This Reminds Me: a baby post that isn't about my anxiety

     Since I'm documenting this trip, I figured I should share the one thing I'm realizing about actual trips. The ones with nights, since you all know I mostly do beach days

    Packing is confusing! It's a beach trip, but I know I'll need actual clothes since I will be perceived outside of the beach and hotel room and yet. I rearranged my beach duffle bag, packed four towels and four swimsuits with shoes and coverups, and I have not packed ANYTHING outside of that. 

    I literally leave the day after tomorrow. And I have no idea what clothes to pack. I have not even LOOKED at my suitcase. Holy God. Suddenly I can't remember what people put in suitcases to go places. Suddenly I want to pack like I'm going to shit my pants 27 times a day and be lost in the wilderness for a million years.

    This is also going to be such a niche post, but maybe I've talked about him enough that you'll all understand/remember. My uncle is always on me to bring water on these trips in case I get stranded, right?

    Someone ask me what my boyfriend said earlier today. I'll answer anyway. "We should bring water. In case we get stranded for days."

    It's weird that he and my uncle share a brain, but they're the two smartest men I know (I'm the smartest in general, thank you very much; gotta build up that self respect), so I was already planning on bringing water and snacks and coffee, because I think boyfriends-- and especially ones you bring on road trips-- are like...  you have to feed them and comfort them.

    So I'm bringing a cooler for him, because you guys know I would literally just buy gas station coffee and keep it pushing, but I'm assuming he'll want something else. Besides, having to stop for breakfast will give Dani the break that I want her to take, now that I'm bringing her out on the road to stretch her legs a bit. 

    SEND WELL WISHES.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Dani: I miss you, I'm sorry, I miss you, I'm so sorry. Why couldn't I go with you?

Dear God, It's Me Again, Can't Catch a Fucking Break.

In Memoriam: Fuck the Ocean, the Universe, and Any Cosmic Entity