Ohhhhh my god, I'm a bundle of nerves

     It has been so entirely long since I updated this!

    In my defense, if you've read some of the past posts, you'd know Dani and I have had our fair share of trials when we drive to the beach, and so, regrettably, I've been a little shy about going. Not that I'm afraid of getting stranded; rather, I'm afraid of... I guess, causing damage so hardcore that I end up losing Dani forever. Which kind of traps me into a self-fulfilling Catch-22, doesn't it?

    When I bought her, that was my primary love-- driving her up and down the coast-- and yet I am so afraid to lose her that I deprive her of our love. And so, before the California weather turns mildly chilly, I am endeavoring to the beach once more.

    Okay. Also because I went on an opening to Florida, and I've never been, but some Florida beaches are on my list, and then I got eaten alive by bugs and told there was flesh-eating bacteria in the water, and so I was a beach-loving Pisces STUCK, landlocked in a state that had plenty of beaches!! I swore to myself I'd see the Pacific as soon as I came back. Here I am.

    Not only is this my first beach trip of this year, but it's also a milestone trip because. I'm bringing someone with me.

    I have lamented time and time again, on here and in person, about how other people don't understand my road trip rules and complain about how early I like to leave, and somehow I ended up dating the one person who doesn't mind the rules and likes leaving early. Maybe not 2am early-- it's possible he just meant like, 4am, like any reasonable person-- but he did not complain and is going to be ready by then. 

    Which means there's even more pressure on me and Dani to perform admirably. It's different than if it was just me! I am so tolerant and understanding when it's just us. I will remain tolerant and understanding, don't get me wrong, but now there's an undercurrent of nerves. 

    Logically, I know everything will be fine. I've had her checked and maintained, I'm leaving early so the sun doesn't factor the temperature, etc etc. I have safety: three emergency roadside kits, two different roadside assistance programs, etc etc.

    And yet, I'm afraid. There's no reason to be. When I run through it logically, I'm good. When I think about any reactions, I'm good. and yet??? I don't know.

    To anyone who just wants me to get a new car, I made a blog specifically for Dani. So. Idk how far those thoughts will get you-- clearly, I'm too stubborn.

    We leave Saturday at 2am, and I will keep updating this as time passes.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Dani: I miss you, I'm sorry, I miss you, I'm so sorry. Why couldn't I go with you?

Dear God, It's Me Again, Can't Catch a Fucking Break.

In Memoriam: Fuck the Ocean, the Universe, and Any Cosmic Entity