Bitchin' Beaches Bucket List: The Reckoning

     Has anyone noticed how frequently I use movies' sequel titles to complete a part two title? Or, holy fuck, how these last two posts are fucking COVERED in rhetorical questions? I'm trying to stop, I swear.

    Either way, I have continued adding to my list of beaches, because what kind of Pisces would I be if I didn't? I will not confine myself to California alone, despite my love of California beaches, which is why some of these don't have any travel plans, because they're farther away and will take some very specific plants. Also Grecian beaches still are not on this, because Greece is a horse of an entirely different color.

Without further ado:

BITCHIN’ BEACHES

Prepared by Jackie

OVERVIEW & PURPOSE

A list of beaches that I think would truly help me as a person. At the very least, they’d help me feel serotonin. And figure my shit out. But then again, I don’t really know. A tour of the beaches before I die. 

CORONADO, CALIFORNIA ✔

  1. My safe beach. One day, cheap, and beautiful. Not as much culture as Ocean Beach, but no beach bums. We stan.

OCEAN BEACH, CALIFORNIA

  1. Beautiful. So much culture around it. Lots of beach bums. Beautiful shopping around it.

PISMO BEACH/AVILA BEACH

  1. 6 ½ hours. $114 in gas. 

  2. Friday - Monday, because of how long it takes to get there, and because they’re so close together

  3. Pier Plaza; Farmer’s Market; Pismo State Beach; Hot Springs

  4. Decent places to sleep

  5. Weather: Early July for hottest weather (max 72);  still sunny at the end though

CAMBRIA BEACH

  1. 6 ¾ hours. $114 in gas.

  2. Saturday-Sunday. Long time to get there, but leave early.

  3. Moonstone Beach; Hearst Castle (tour); Linn’s Easy as Pie Cafe

  4. Maybe pricier hotels

  5. Similar weather to Pismo

MANDALAY BEACH/VENTURA

  1. 5 ½ hours. $95 in gas.

  2. Saturday. Not very long time‒ only 1 hour longer than Coronado‒ and not a lot

  3. Oxnard State Beach/Mandalay State Beach; possible Uncle Dirk visit

  4. Weather: July is hot. Max is 78. Sunny and warm all month.

SANTA MONICA

  1. 5 hours. $80 in gas.

  2. Saturday. 

  3. Santa Monica Pier; Curry

  4. Weather: 80s almost all of July. When it’s not 80, it’s 79.

MANHATTAN BEACH

  1. 5 hours. $80 in gas.

  2. Saturday

  3. Manhattan Beach

  4. Weather: low to mid 70s, and sunny. Should be a good time.

LA JOLLA

  1. 6 hours. $95 in gas

  2. Saturday

  3. La Jolla Shores; La Jolla Cove (underwater) NEEDS REVISITING.

  4. Weather: low 70s in July. Sunny all month, should be warm.

LAGUNA BEACH

  1. 5 hours. $75 in gas

  2. Saturday-Sunday. To truly experience it.

  3. Laguna Beach; snorkeling, scuba diving; food

  4. Weather: high 70s, low 80s

GLASS BEACH

  1. 11 ½ hours. $200 in gas.

  2. Friday-Monday. Long drive, expensive. Once in a lifetime.

  3. Glass Beach

  4. Weather: Sunny. Low 70s, high 60s.

CHICAMA BEACH, PERU

  1. 13 hour flight. $650 in tickets

  2. A week. Unavoidably a week.

  3. THE WAVES.

  4. I don’t know about the weather, but for the waves and the food, I can’t bring myself to care.

ALAMERE FALLS, POINT REYES, CA

  1. 10 hour drive. $150 in gas

  2. Friday-Sunday. For the long drive, and how much you spend on gas.

  3. Waterfall! Hike, but waterfall.

MONTAUK, NEW YORK

SAND HARBOR, NEVADA

SINGING BEACH, MASSACHUSETTS

OCEAN CITY, MARYLAND

BLACK SAND BEACH, SAUSALITO, CA

THOUSAND STEP BEACH, LAGUNA, CA

GLASS BEACH, WASHINGTON

WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NORTH CAROLINA

CRYSTAL LAKE, BARTON, VERMONT

CONEY ISLAND, NEW YORK

CLEARWATER BEACH, FLORIDA

PFEIFFER BEACH, BIG SUR, CA

CUYLER ISLAND, SANTA ROSA, CA

BECHERS BAY, SANTA ROSA, CA

SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL, CA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Dani: I miss you, I'm sorry, I miss you, I'm so sorry. Why couldn't I go with you?

Dear God, It's Me Again, Can't Catch a Fucking Break.

In Memoriam: Fuck the Ocean, the Universe, and Any Cosmic Entity