02/21/22:

 Grandma's House

    Today was kind of "meh." I didn't like it.

    During lunch, I was talking to Uncle Dirk in English, and I guess Grandma didn't like that. She slammed her hand down on the table and said I was disrespectful for speaking English in front of her. I tried explaining-- in Spanish-- that I just didn't know the words, and my tenses for that sentence got all jumbled because I was startled. Grandma said I was doing it on purpose because I was lazy. I choked down lunch and hid outside. Uncle Dirk found me and was super reassuring. I sat on the porch swing instead.

    I ended up sneaking inside to take a nap until dinner, which, while we ate, was so uncomfortably hot. Eating in the kitchen, which is small, with that many people... is brutal without AC. So hot I thought I'd pass out. Eventually it was over, and I bolted back outside. I love that swing.

    Uncle Dirk found me again, and we spent like two hours talking about our favorite TV shows. His: Seinfeld. Mine: Superstore.

    This is when I finally realized he might never like Flash. It's so campy. I had a lot of fun though. I like when we talk and I learn new things about him or life in general. He never talks down to me, or makes me feel stupid for asking questions that even I think are dumb. Instead, he explains patiently and in easier terms so I don't need a dictionary, but only if it's a very complicated answer. Other than that, he knows I'm smart-ish, and treats me as an actual adult 

    Gotta find a good TV show recommendation for him.

    J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Dani: I miss you, I'm sorry, I miss you, I'm so sorry. Why couldn't I go with you?

Dear God, It's Me Again, Can't Catch a Fucking Break.

In Memoriam: Fuck the Ocean, the Universe, and Any Cosmic Entity